Изучение английского языка на примерах из деловой лексики. Основные грамматические конструкции.
Future Simple Tense
Present Continuous Tense
Past Continuous Tense
Future Continuous Tense
Present Perfect Tense
Past Perfect Tense
Future Perfect Tense
Present Perfect Continuous Tense
Past Perfect Continuous Tense
The Future Perfect Continuous Tense
Absolute Participle Construction
Objective Infinitive Construction
Subjective Infinitive Construction
Mustn 't, Needn 't
is (was) ... that (which)
• The only, the very
• Because of
• Both, either, neither
• Both... and
1. Other things being
equal, an increase in wage rates
will increase the cost of labour relative to the cost of
2. The production of the Liberty ships showed similar
effects, the first
taking many months to build and the last
only three days.
3. In order to simplify the analysis we can consider two
firms, one being
representative of high-cost producers and
the other of low-cost producers.
4. Most industries make use of a variety of machines,
each machine carrying out a different operation.
5. The principle of
action being rather simple, the new
device was widely used for different purposes.
6. The selling price must relate to the production cost,
which in turn, depends on the quantity sold, this quantity
being dependent upon the sales price.
7. It being too late, they
decided to stop working.
8. Other things being
equal, the demand for a commodity will tend to vary
directly as the price of its substitute.
9. The installation was atomised last year, its capacity
rising by 20 per cent.
10. All the problems
having been solved, they went home.
11. The goods having
been loaded, the dockworkers left
12. Member nations are required to subscribe to the
capital stock of the World Bank, each
being given a quota
which is related to the member's national income and position in the
Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на независимый причастный оборот.
1. You can set your mind at ease, all being well. 2. There being no chance of escape, the thief was arrested on the spot. 3. Oliver knocked weakly at the door and, all his strength failing him, sank near the door. 4. The bridge having been swept away by the flood, the train was late. 5. There being little time left, they hired a cab to get to the theatre in time. 6. It being cold and damp, a fire was lighted for the weary travellers to warm themselves by. 7. It being pretty late, they decided to postpone their visit. 8. The hour being late, she hastened home. 9. The sun having set an hour before, it was getting darker. 10. The weather being cold, he put on his overcoat. 11. The weather having changed, we decided to stay where we were. 12. The weather being very warm, the closet window was left open. 13. And the wind having dropped, they set out to walk. 14. The vessel being pretty deep in the water and the weather being calm, there was but little motion. 15. The resistance being very high, the current in the circuit was very low. 16. This material being a dielectriс, no current can flow through it. 17. The next morning, it being Sunday, they all went to church.
Независимый причастный оборот (Nominative Absolute Participial Construction)
The day being piercing cold, he had no desire to loiter.
Так как день был пронизывающе холодным, он
не имел желания медлить.
Деловая переписка на английском языке. Скачать книгу