The Passive Voice
1. Most government securities are marketable and may be bought and sold on
the Stock Exchange.
2. The precious metals were
as money on the basis of weight.
3. Many books are read by
4. The answer was known
to all of us.
5. It is assumed
that he will announce his candidacy soon.
6. She was given
some bad advice about selecting courses.
7. At the end of the summer they
will have been married for 10 years.
8. This question was
raised at the last meeting and no conclusion was reached then.
9. At this stage the raw materials are
loaded into this container.
10. A personnel manager has
now been appointed.
11. These products have
been designed by a special team.
12. Protective clothing must
be worn at all times.
13. Based on the total figure, it appears that an error was made in the budget.
14. The price of a product is
determined by the interaction of demand and supply.
15. Raw materials and agricultural products are usually sold in open
markets, where the influence of cost on supply is much less pronounced.
16. An industry which is
being increasingly mechanised
may be employing less labour but increasing its output.
17. The gradual trend towards smaller enterprises has not been confined to
18. Each individual firm may obtain its components and other
requirements at relatively low cost because they are being mass produced for the
19. Units of production are
officially referred to
20. When the various statutory documents have been submitted to
the registar and have
been duly accepted
by him, he will issue a Certificate of the corporation which bestows
upon the company a separate legal identity.
21. The ordinary shareholder is entitled to the residue of profits
after all other claims
have been met.
22. The ordinary share capital of a company is usually referred to as
the equity of the company.
23. Prices are determined
by supply and demand and the willingness to buy and sell is subject to
24. Countries are often
described as underpopulated or overpopulated.
25. The output of agricultural products is seriously affected by
variations in weather conditions.
26. The management knew what prices were
being asked for the commodity in every part of the market.
27. The legal control of monopoly has
been substantially extended
and modified since
the first legislation.
28. If we assume that the stock of capital is being increased relative
to the stocks of the other factors of production, the returns to
capital will be diminishing.
Таблица всех времен в Passive Voice.
Quiz: Passive Voice Exercises - Present And Past
Active: People speak Portuguese in Brazil.
Passive: Portuguese ___________ in Brazil.
Active: The staff cleans all the hotel rooms daily.
Passive: The hotel rooms _________ daily.
Active: We update the company website frequently.
Passive: The company website ___________ frequently.
Active: People see this beach as the most beautiful in the country.
Passive: This beach __________ as the most beautiful in the country.
Active: Somebody ships the products via express mail.
Passive: The products ___________ via express mail.
Active: A friend gave me this sweater.
Passive: This sweater ________ to me by a friend.
Active: A famous author wrote these letters.
Passive: These letters _________ by a famous author.
Active: The teachers chose her to receive the award.
Passive: She __________ by the teachers to receive the award.
Active: A knock at the door woke us all up.
Passive: We _____________ by a knock at the door.
was all woke up
were all woken up
were all waked up
Active: Over 300,000 students took the college entrance exam.
Passive: The college entrance exam _________ by over 300,000 students.
Электроэрозионное оборудование - водоподготовка для коттеджа.;купить левитру
| © NJNJ.ru |
Страдательный залог / The Passive Voice