265. Have you ever been abroad?
266. What's the difference between a voyage and a journey?
He made a 200-mile journey by bike
He went on a voyage to the Caribbean
The difference between voyage and journey is that voyage is to go on a long journey especially by boat, while journey is to travel, to make a trip. Essentially, all voyages are journeys but not all journeys are voyages.
Voyage - плавание, морское путешествие, странствие
Journey - поездка, путь, маршрут, дорога
267. What great travellers of the past do you know?
268. Would you like to travel in space?
269. Do you find time for sports?
270. What kinds of sports do you know?
271. What is you favourite kind of sports?
272. What sports do you enjoy watching?
273. What do you do to keep fit?
Sport helps people to keep fit and stay healthy.
A lot of people do morning exercises and go jogging.
As for me, I play basketball, volleyball and from time to time I do my morning exercises.
Some say walking every day before and after meal, enjoying life, talking with friends, swimming, dancing helps keep fit.
If you ask me, I would recommend you to take up swimming. It helps to be fit and at the same time strengthens your heart, lungs and muscles.
274. Have you got any bad habits?
275. Does anyone in your family smoke?
Luckily no one in my family smokes
276. What do you know about the history of the Olympic Games?
277. What kinds of sports are popular in Britain?
278. What's the difference between an amateur and a professional?
279. What do you do when you fall ill?
280. What does the doctor do when he comes to examine you?
281. What is the dentist's job?
282. What must we do to be in good health?
"Health is wealth" is very much true. One must try hard to remain healthy. If we are healthy, we can easily cope with other problems of life.
Nowadays life span of people is increased. People are living longer. Regular medical checkup, clean and tidy home, nutritious foods are examples of healthy life style. Doing simple exercises every day can increase your health level and improve your immune system.
Be active, breathe fresh air and don't stay too much time indoors and you will not have problems with your health.
Personally I believe that regularity in life promotes our health. Sleeping eight or nine hours, getting up early, regular meals, a healthy diet and going in for sports is really a good way to live.
283. What are the most important national holidays in Russia?
284. What do we celebrate on the 9th of May?
285. When do we celebrate Independence Day?
286. What religious holidays do you know?
287. What is you favourite holiday?
288. What are the most important public holidays in Great Britain?
289. What are the most important public holidays in the United States?
290. Are Christmas and Easter celebrated at the same time in all Christian countries?