There are a few verbs which can take a gerund or an infinitive, but the meaning is not the same. - Некоторые глаголы меняют смысл в сочетании с инфинитивом или с герундием.
Ты помнишь, КАК ТЫ ДЕЛАЛ ЧТО-ЛИБО - GERUND
Ты не забыл СДЕЛАТЬ ЧТО-ЛИБО - INFINITIVE
1. We saw this film last month. Do you remember SEEING it?
2. He was very forgetful. He never remembered TO LOCK the garage door when he put the car away.
3. Don't ask me to pay the bill Ejain. I clearly remember PAYING it a month ago.
4. Did you remember TO BUY bread for dinner? I Yes, I have the bread here.
5. Do you remember TO POST the letter? — Yes, I remember quite clearly; I posted it in the letter-box near my gate.
6. Did you remember TO AIR the room? — No, didn't. I'll go back and do it now.
7. She remembers part of her childhood quite clearly. She remembers GOING to school for the first time and play with Dick in the garden.
8. Did you remember TO GIVE him the message? - No, I didn't. I'll go and do it now.
1. She forgot TO BRING the sugar; she left it on the kitchen table.
2. Where is my dictionary? Have you forgotten BORROWING it a fortnight ago?
3. She often told her little boy, "You must never forget TO SAY "please" and "thank you"."
4. Why are you late again? Have you forgotten PROMISING me that you would never be late again?
stop TALKING, ASKING - перестать, прекратить РАЗГОВАРИВАТЬ, СПРАШИВАТЬ
stop TO TALK, TO ASK - остановиться, ЧТОБЫ ПОГОВОРИТЬ, СПРОСИТЬ
1. Do stop TALKING; I am trying to finish a letter.
2. I didn't know how to get to your house so I stopped TO ASK the way.
3. We stopped once TO BUY petrol and then we stopped again TO ASK someone the way.