VERBS FOLLOWED BY THE GERUND (-ING FORM)admit Х avoid Х be fond of Х be keen on Х consider Х delay Х deny Х enjoy Х fancy Х finish Х hate Х imagine Х involve Х like/dislike Х mind Х miss Х practise Х postpone Х recommend Х risk Х regret Х suggest
VERB PHRASES ALSO FOLLOWED BY THE -ING FORMcarry on Х can't help Х can't stand/bear Х feel like Х give up Х go on Х go /shopping, walking, etc/ Х it's a waste of time Х it's no use/good Х it's /not, well/ worth Х put off Х there's no point /in/
VERBS FOLLOWED BY THE INFINITIVE WITH TOafford Х agree Х appear Х arrange Х dare Х decide Х fail Х forget Х happen Х hope Х intend Х learn Х long Х manage Х mean Х offer Х plan Х prepare Х pretend Х promise Х refuse Х seem Х threaten Х want
VERBS FOLLOWED BY EITHER THE GERUND OR THE INFINITIVE WITH TObegin Х continue Х hate Х like Х love Х prefer Х start
VERBS WITH DIFFERENT MEANINGS WHEN FOLLOWED BY THE GERUND OR THE INFINITIVE WITH TOremember Х stop
VERBS FOLLOWED BY THE INFINITIVE WITHOUT TOhad better Х would rather
THE GERUND AFTER PREPOSITIONS# adjective + preposition
afraid of Х bad at Х bored with Х clever at Х fond of Х good at Х keen on Х interested in Х worried about
# verb + preposition:
apologise for Х approve of Х be used to Х decide against Х dream of Х get used to Х insist on Х look forward to Х succeed in Х think of / about
# noun + preposition:
advantage of Х difference between Х hope of Х problem of Х reason for Х solution to Х trouble with
PREPOSITIONS FOLLOWED BY THE GERUNDafter Х as well as Х before Х besides Х by Х despite Х in spite of Х istead of Х while Х without Х for
VERBS FOLLOWED BY AN OBJECT + PREPOSITION + GERUNDaccuse of Х congratulate on Х forgive for Х prevent from Х stop from Х suspect of Х thank for Х warn about Х
VERBS FOLLOWED BY A DIRECT OBJECT AND AN INFINITIVE WITH TOadvise Х allow Х encourage Х force Х invite Х order Х persuade Х remind Х tell Х win
VERBS FOLLOWED BY A DIRECT OBJECT AND AN INFINITIVE WITHOUT TOfeel Х hear Х help Х let Х make Х see Х watch Х
¬ставьте частицу to перед инфинитивом, где необходимо.1. I'd like ... dance.
2. She made me ... repeat my words several times.
3. I saw him ... enter the room.
4. She did not let her mother ... go away.
5. Do you like ... listen to good music?
6. Would you like ... listen to good music?
7. That funny scene made me ... laugh.
8. I like ... play the guitar.
9. My brother can ... speak French.
10. We had ... put on our overcoats because it was cold.
11. They wanted ... cross the river.
12. It is high time for you ... go to bed.
13. May I ... use your telephone?
14. They heard the girl ... cry out with joy.
15. I would rather ... stay at home today.
16. He did not want ... play in the yard any more.
17. Would you like ... go to England?
18. You look tired. You had better ... go home.
19. I wanted ... speak to Nick, but could not ... find his telephone number.
20. It is time ... get up.
21. Let me ... help you with your homework.
22. I was planning ... do a lot of things yesterday.
23. I'd like ... speak to you.
24. I think I shall be able ... solve this problem.
25. What makes you ... think you are right?
26. I shall do all I can ... help you.
27. I like ... dance.