Английский для поступаюших в вузы
Краткий англо-русский разговорник
Упражнения по переводу с русского на английский
Тексты с параллельным переводом
48. Some people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
49. A gift (such as a soccer ball, a camera, or an animal) can contribute to a child's development. What gift would you give to help a child develop? Why? Use reasons and specific examples to support your choice.
50. Some people pay money for the things they want or need. Other people trade products or goods for what they need. Compare the advantages of these two ways of obtaining things. Which way do you prefer? Explain why.
51. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People are never too old to attend college or university. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
52. Read and think about the following statement: Only people who earn a lot of money are successful. Do you agree or disagree with this definition of success? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
53. Read and think about the following statement: People behave differently when they wear different clothes. Do you agree that different clothes influence the way people behave? Use specific examples to support your answer.
54. What is the most important animal in your country? Why is this animal important? Use reasons and specific details to explain your answer.
55. Some items (such as clothes or furniture) can be made by hand or by machine. Which do you prefer — items made by hand or items made by machine? Use reasons and specific examples to explain your choice.
56. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A zoo has no useful purpose. Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.
57. Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.
58. Entertainers such as actors, singers, and comedians contribute as much to society as professionals such as doctors, engineers, and teachers. Do you agree or disagree? Use reasons and specific examples to support your opinion.
59. People learn in different ways. Some people learn by doing things; other people learn by reading about things; others learn by listening to people talk about things. Which of these methods of learning is best for you? Use specific examples to support your choice.
60. Some people trust their first impressions about a person's character because they believe these judgments are generally correct. Other people do not judge a person's character quickly because they believe first impressions are often wrong. Compare these two attitudes. Which attitude do you agree with? Support your choice with specific examples.
|© NJNJ.ru 2008|