Английский для поступаюших в вузы
Краткий англо-русский разговорник
Упражнения по переводу с русского на английский
Тексты с параллельным переводом
21. Some people choose friends who are different from themselves. Others choose friends who are similar to themselves. Compare the advantages of having friends who are different from you with the advantages of having friends who are similar to you. Which kind of friend do you prefer for yourself? Why?
22. Neighbors are the people who live near us. In your opinion, what are the qualities of a good neighbor? Use specific details and examples in your answer.
23. The twentieth century has seen great change. In your opinion, what is one change that should be remembered about this century? Give specific reasons and details to explain your choice.
24. Some people believe that a college or university education should be available to all students. Others believe that higher education should be available only to good students. Discuss these views. Which view do you agree with? Explain why.
25. The government has announced that it plans to build a new university. Some people think that your community would be a good place to locate the university. Compare the advantages and disadvantages of establishing a new university in your community. Use specific details in your discussion.
26. Think of the most important class you have ever taken. Why did you enjoy this class so much? Use specific reasons and details to explain your answer.
27. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Universities should give the same amount of money to their students' sports activities as they give to their university libraries. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
28. Some people think that children should begin their formal education at a very early age and should spend most of their time on school studies. Others believe that young children should spend most of their time playing. Compare these two views. Which view do you agree with? Why?
29. Some people prefer to spend most of their time alone. Others like to be with friends most of the time. Do you prefer to spend your time alone or with friends? Give reasons to support your answer.
30. Which activity is most important?
• reducing pollution in your
• helping a child learn to read
• visiting an elderly person regularly
Explain your choice using reasons and details.
|© NJNJ.ru 2008|